Monday, August 18, 2008

This Weekend

I didn't buy anything except groceries this weekend!! I am very proud of myself for this. I have to admit that I did go to the mall this weekend, but I just window shopped. As much as I felt like I wanted to buy something before I left my apartment, I didn't feel the urge when I got there. I almost felt guilty walking into a store and thinking about buying anything. It makes me feel a little proud of myself. I hope I can keep this up. I really want to save money!

I am struggling to decide if I should save for a house down payment for pay my car off. I have always thought that I would want to pay my car off before I bought a house, but now I am not so sure. I am getting frustrated with apartment life, so that's contributing to the question at hand.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Eve said...

Do you think you can do both? Save and pay your car off.

Midwest Chick said...

I was thinking about saving as much as I can and deciding once I get a decent amount in the account. I should try to save as much as I can though!