Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Holiday

My family has left, my apartment is put back together, and I am exhausted. My family arrived on Thursday right as I finished cooking. All that was left was for my mom to make gravy and my dad to carve the turkey. Everything turned out great. I was very surprised since I have never made a full Thanksgiving meal all by myself before. They came with lots of extra food that I did not tell them to bring, but that's my family!

We had a great meal, watched a few movies, went a parade, shopped, ate some more, and enjoyed each other's company. I think I enjoyed this Thanksgiving more than in the past because it felt like it was a holiday since we were here instead of at my parent's house. At their house, they have their normal routines that make it feel like any other day. The weather was great. No snow or wind, but a little chilly. It's the end of November though, so that's to be expected.

We went out shopping on Friday. Everyone got at least a few things. My dad and brother went their way, and my mom and I went our own way. My dad and brother went to two motorcycle stores and some sporting good stores. They were able to save 20% off everything at one store (they normally don't have sales). My brother got some clothes he was looking for at 50% off.

My mom and I braved a mall. We drove to one that was further away from my apartment, but it had all of the stores we wanted so there was no driving from mall to mall. My mom got a sweater, two long-sleeved tops, and an iron for $40. That's pretty good in my mind! I finally got a new cell phone after a month of looking and trying to decide. Now I have to deal with a mail in rebate for that. I am not a fan of those. Oh, well though! I also got a phone for my brother. His phone was free since I purchased mine. I love free!! And he loves the new phone, so it worked out very well.

I also bought some workout clothes. They were all on sale. The gym that I am going to join opens on Monday. I am very excited. I am still trying to figure out how to work this into my budget, but I really need to start working out again. I know it will be hard work, but in the end I will end up feeling much better. I have some health problems, and all of my doctors recommend that I workout in order to help my pain levels. My enrollment fee will be waived since I called and got my name down already. I have a few things from when I worked out in the past, but a lot of them are worn out and/or too small now.

My mom brought me a hostess gift this weekend . . . Yahtzee!!! I am very excited. I had no games, and I really wanted one. I love Yahtzee. It reminds me of growing up.

That was my weekend!! I have also enjoyed having a few days off from work. This weekend also made me realize that I am very grateful for everything I have from my family to my clothes to my apartment. I know it may seem like my family spent a lot this weekend, but it was all planned and budgeted for. The total was not a lot since everything purchased was at least 25% off this weekend. Most of it was more than that with some even being 60% off.

As for this next week, I am sure it will be busy. I will start going to the gym, eat leftovers (I sent some back with my family and still have a ton), work, and study. I should not have to go to the grocery store until next weekend. I have no shopping plans since I was just shopping. I really need to study.

It's snowing here today. I don't mind snowy days when I can stay home and curl up under a blanket. I hope everyone had a great holiday like I did.

No comments: