Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Glasses

I went to the eye doctor today for a regular eye exam and a contact exam. I have vision insurance through work, and it was still expensive!! It's been over two years since I have been to the eye doctor, so I decided I better go. I was debating between getting contacts or new glasses. I can only get one per year with my insurance. I ended up going with the glasses since my contact prescription didn't change, and I have a few boxes left. (I decided to get an exam even though I had some because I have been getting headaches and I wasn't sure if it was due to needed a different strength.)

The cost. I had a $15 copay. The frames were fully covered. The lenses were $54. I added anti-reflective and scratch coating which was $61. The total was around $133 after tax. I pay about $45 a year for my vision insurance premiums. I really debated about getting vision insurance. I priced out glasses elsewhere and decided that the insurance really did help me save money.

I also stopped by Hallmark when I was out today. I had a $5 rewards certificate. I needed some birthday and congratulations cards. I was able to get 5 cards and only spend $0.29 since I had the certificate. I am very excited about this!!

Side note - Gas prices have been decreasing here. I hope this trend continues.

No comments: