Thursday, July 3, 2008

Holiday Weekend

I am so glad that it's a holiday weekend. I am looking forward to having tomorrow off and not having to use a vacation day. I am hoping to have a quiet weekend to get a few things done that I have been putting off for awhile now. This should help me resist the urge to spend any money that I don't need to. I bought groceries today after work so I should be set for the next week. I spent $25 and came home with one bag. That's never a good sign!

With the start of the new month comes my final numbers for the last month. June was not a good month for my net worth. While it did increase, it was a much smaller increase than in the past. This was due to my 401k not doing so hot with the way the market was over the past month. I was able to stay within my budget in each of my categories. I put a little extra into my car payoff fund since I didn't use all of my spending money. I hope that I can continue to control my spending and save! I also hope that my 401k turns around soon.

Looking ahead . . . I should be able to save in July. I don't have anything big planned. My mom is in town for a meeting one weekend, so I will be driving to see her and go out to dinner. I need to save up for August. I am planning to go home to visit my family. I always end up spending more than planned when I go home.

I hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!!

No comments: