Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Long Weekend

I am currently on "vacation". I decided to take Thursday and Friday off from work to head home to visit my family. I am hoping for a relaxing weekend.

I headed to my parents after work today (a 4 hour drive) and noticed that gas prices decreased more and more the further I got from where I live. I hope they stay like this (or go down more) so that I can fill up for less than I was expecting before I head back on Sunday.

On Thursday we are planning to go to a resort at an area lake for two nights. My parents have this week off and were planning to go somewhere local for a mini-vacation. It has now turned into a family vacation. It's been a number of years since we've done something together other than going to a relatives house out of town for one reason or another. We will be enjoying a nice meal out and maybe going bowling at night.

On Friday my mom and I are going to a spa for an hour or two. (I decided to treat myself. I have been stressed lately and really need to relax.) My dad and brother will be golfing. We will also hang out on the beach at the lake and probably the hot tub at the resort.

Saturday my mom and I are planning on going to some quilt stores and little shops in the area on our way home. My dad and brother said they are not interested in this. (Not surprising.)

I am hoping that I will be able to eat some good grilled food while I am here this weekend. I can't have a grill at my apartment, so I love coming home in the summer time.

Financially this weekend shouldn't be too bad. The biggest expense will be gas. The massage is not in my normal budget, but I really want it. I have to treat myself every now and then. My parents are paying for the room and most meals. (How nice of them!!!)

Have a great rest of the week.

No comments: